Silverlight 4 adds support for Arabic culture:
- Install, configuration and runtime UI are in Arabic and RTL layout on Arabic culture
- Support mixed BiDi/ComplexScript text
- Support RTL layout with FlowDirection attribute and implemented by all controls
Below screenshots demonstrate some of the support:
For those curious, you may notice that:
- there is a new ar directory under %programfiles%\Microsoft Silverlight\4.0.41108.0, besides the 10 directories that have been there since SL3: de, en-us, es, fr, it, ja, ko, zh-Hans, zh-Hint. The ar directory contains Arabic resources for Silverlight runtime assemblies.
- the MUI resource dlls contain Arabic resources:
We will continue adding more support to more cultures in Silverlight. The Arabic support debuted in Silverlight 4 Beta is particularly important, since it is the first RTL language Silverlight supports. If you notice any bug or have suggestions, please let me know.